1) The danger of the Zika virus
- What is the Zika virus and when/how did it grow so rapidly?
- Will the Zika virus severely threaten the Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro?
- Speak to leading scientists about whether there is likely to be a cure to this virus any time soon.
- Talk to members of the general public who may be visiting Brazil in the near future and find out how worried they are about this.
- Speak to Olympic athletes and whether the outbreak of this virus has given them cause for concern.
2) Issues of the NHS becoming privatised
- Speak to the general public about whether they think this would be a good idea.
- Talk to local MP’s and find out their views.
- What are the benefits of the NHS becoming privatised?
3) Sugar Tax: Positive or Negative?
- Briefly outline the government’s plans to introduce a sugar tax in the near future.
- What do the younger generation in particular think about this?
- Will this be a step in the right direction to reduce obesity in Britain?
4) Do skin products really make your skin healthier?
- Ask women, if they use it, what they base their choice of skin product on. For example the media, a friend’s recommendation etc.
- Speak to scientists in this field about whether these products actually make a significant difference to your skin and why they do/don’t.
- Are they actually healthy? Short-term or long-term gain?
5) Will we ever cure cancer completely?
- Will we eventually find a cure to one of the world’s most deadliest diseases?
- Interview leading scientists about whether we are any closer to achieving this feat.
- Speak to charities about what they do to help people suffering with cancer.